The Ash of Ashland

Naming Clay’s Estate While Ashland’s earliest years are somewhat shrouded in historical mystery, it is known that Henry Clay purchased the first 125 acres from Cuthbert Banks in September 1804.   A few months later, he contracted with local builder John Fisher to construct the Clay family residence there.  It is known that the ash forest … More The Ash of Ashland